Asbestos is a serious, chronic, non-cancerous respiratory disease that when asbestos fibers are inhaled can aggravate your bodies lung tissues which, in turn, cause them to scar. Asbestos is usually disabling or causes death. If you know nothing about asbestos one thing to put in your memory bank is if you plan to do some “home testing” for this nasty creature, don’t! Once any individual inherits the disease asbestos you’ll have it for a lifetime; there is NO known cure as you read this article
While minimal exposure to asbestos may not cause problems, places where asbestos is prevalent like schools, homes and office buildings can offer the possibility of dangerous asbestos fibers. Professional asbestos abatement companies are like poppies growing in an open field and are, or should be, the only people to remove asbestos. These asbestos testing workers wear insulated clothing and helmeted masks designed to prohibit tiny fibers from entering their bodies. Aside from applying a through test, they also secure and isolate the area to insure the asbestos area has been contained.
If You Find Asbestos In Your Home – Simply Leave It Alone!
When left undisturbed, asbestos is NOT harmful. But, if you cut or tear it apart in an attempt to move the asbestos, you’re looking for some serious trouble. Asbestos particles will immediately be sent airborne for you to breathe. And they won’t dissolve easily, either. They can linger around for a long time, exposing and introducing these dangerous fibers to your family and friends.