The first step in asbestos testing is to take a small sample of the material to be tested. There are safety measures that one should take during this step of collection of sample for asbestos testing which include
• Use a P2 disposable dust mask always and it can be bought anywhere at a local hardware store
• The material should be wet to suppress the dust release
• The sample should be 5-100g and collected using a hand tool like pliers with the edges inside protected with a wet wipe
• The wet sample should be placed in a click lock plastic bag (double bag)
• Any broken material with the potential to release asbestos dust should be sealed using paint.
Asbestos Testing Laboratory
Asbestos testing is done in a laboratory that should have proper equipment. Airsafe have their own laboratory that they analyse samples using a rigorous procedure and testing methods that are advanced like Polarized Light Microscopy and Dispersion Staining. This will ensure that the sample analysis results are given out fast and the testing is conducted by highly qualified professionals. The asbestos testing laboratory is accredited for its ability to identify asbestos by National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA). Airsafe is the most experienced asbestos consultancy in Sydney, with an experience of over 30 years in conducting surveys of asbestos, monitoring of air, and clearance inspections to all their clients who from households, large cooperation to government departments. The cost of testing asbestos is charged in a single and low rate fee per sample tested, whether they are ten samples or one, the price will be the same per sample.